Thursday, February 3, 2011

Friendfeed is Cool - a Little SEO Tip - Associated Content

Friendfeed is a tidy and easy to use site and its best aspect from my point of view is that when you post something via Friendfeed it is likely to appear on the first page if not at the top of the first page of Google listings for your title.

Generally I promote via Ping.fm because there you can do everything with a single click.
I reach Twitter, Facebook, Posterous, Wordpress and Blogger using Ping fm. If you want you can also set up Hootsuite to post to Ping.fm and schedule posts in that way. Ping also handles RSS feeds.
Friendfeed is among the places I direct my Ping.fm microblog posts to.
I do not think I am telling any secrets by suggesting that life for those of us who play the waters independently can be frustrating when Google is persistent in failing to list titles where they are supposed to go.
When that happens, I use Friendfeed solo as I did recently with this title:
Free No Cost Diet Image and Advice
As I write, my Friendfeed post is at the top of the page if you search the title. It may be gone by the time you do, but that merely argues for continual vigilance. Like the Parable of the Lost Sheep.
Friendfeed Is Cool - A Little SEO Tip
Published by Stephen C. Rose
Founder Editor Renewal Magazine, Chicago. World Council of Churches, Geneva Editor RISK. Albert Schweitzer Center, MA. UNICEF DOC NY, UNDP NY. Editor CHOICES. Reach me with subject line AC at steverose at gm...   View profile
View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment